Become a Member of the Junior League of Kingston
Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Kingston! If you are interested in making a commitment to volunteering, becoming a leader in your community and meeting new friends, then the Junior League of Kingston is the right place for you.
The Junior League of Kingston is committed to supporting women and children in Ulster County. We make a measurable difference in our community focusing on our members first. We empower them to be the difference they want to see in their personal lives, community and world. We create a sense of community that our members enjoy being a part of and are proud to promote and grow. And we design programs, events, and fundraisers that engage our members’ personal interests and passions.
Each year, the Junior League of Kingston trains groups of first-year members to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community. To find out when the next training begins and to receive an invitation to our next Membership Mixer, please send us an email with your name and contact information. The Junior League of Kingston reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
First-year members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community programs first-hand. The training series includes monthly training sessions with an introduction to our past projects, a community project, a fundraiser and the opportunity to join in League social events.
We also welcome transfers from other Junior Leagues. If you have recently moved, or are planning to move to the area, please contact us to learn more about the Junior League of Kingston and begin the transfer process.
• Connections – Interact with other women interested in community service and members of the community that we serve.
• Training – Learn new skills for lifelong use in problem solving, communication and the administration of non-profit agencies.
• Pursuit of Interests – Opportunity to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests.
• Leadership Development – Training for effective community leadership, including opportunities for personal growth and leadership responsibilities
• Community Impact – We take pride in our projects’ positive impact in the community.
• Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England
More than 150 Active and Sustaining members currently belong to the Junior League of Kingston and we are always looking for more committed members. Our membership covers a wide range of ages and occupations, including lawyers, teachers, mothers and professional women from diverse backgrounds.
As an organization, we remain committed to empowering our members to serve as catalysts for positive change throughout Ulster County, working collaboratively with our non-profit partners.
The Junior League of Kingston has been, and will continue to be, an instrumental force for positive change in our community.